Doulton Ultracarb Water Filter Replacement – 9 Inch
The Doulton® Ultracarb water filter utilises a three-stage filtration process to purify water. This water filter cartridge is suitable for the following systems:
Doulton Single Countertop Water Filter
Doulton Twin Countertop Water Filter
Doulton Under Sink Water Filter
Doulton Twin Under Sink with Fluoride Removal
Outer Ceramic Shell:
- Manufactured from proprietary Sterasyl® ceramic material with submicron pores that mechanically trap particulates, sediment, bacteria, cysts, and turbidity through size exclusion.
- Incorporates trace levels of silver that act as a bacteriostatic agent to inhibit bacterial growth within the shell.
Inner Filtration Core:
- Contains highly adsorbent, activated carbon made from NSF-certified coconut shells to reduce chlorine, organic compounds, and improve taste/odor.
- Also includes ion exchange resin beads designed to attract, bind, and remove dissolved heavy metals like lead and zinc.
Ion Exchange Resin:
- Heavy metal removal media for the reduction of lead and other heavy metals.
By combining filtration in the outer shell with filtration in the inner core, this candle filter provides extensive removal of particulates, pathogens, chlorine, organics, and heavy metals for optimized water quality and safety.
Filtration Inspired by Nature – How do Ceramic Cartridges work?
Doulton® ceramic water filters are designed to mimic the Earth’s natural purification processes for clean and contaminant-free water.
Millions of microscopic pores cover the surface of the ceramic cartridge, trapping impurities as water flows through. Inside, the convoluted maze of sharp angles provides additional filtration, catching any remaining particles.
This complicated structure delivers ultra-fine particulate removal, effectively eliminating bacteria, sediment, and other contaminants.
Just as natural aquifers filter rainwater through layers of stone to emerge crisp and clean in springs, the Doulton ceramic filters trickle water through the porous cartridge.
The result is water purified by a thorough, natural-inspired process—the same cleansing Earth has been performing for aeons—now conveniently delivered through Doulton’s innovative ceramic filter technology.
What does the Doulton® Ultracarb Ceramic Cartridge remove?
- Bacteria (Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E Coli, fecal coliform)
- Cysts (Cryptosporidium, Giardia Lamblia)
- Heavy Metals (Lead and other Heavy Metals)
- PFOA and PFOS
- Pesticides, Herbicides, and Solvents
- Taste and Colour
$155.00 inc. GST